Monday 30 January 2017

John's Artistic Frame

Happy Monday, creative people!
John's one of a kind creations keep amazing us again and again.
Today he used my new release Waxes and Sparks paints to create his mixed media frame - it reminds me of a fairy tale magical mirror, wouldn't you say? ;) Enjoy!

Since the introduction of the new Metallique Waxes and Sparks Acrylic Paints, I have to admit that I've had so many projects swirling around in my head that I couldn't decide on which one to start creating with!
After being inspired by Anna at the Creativation Show this past week in Phoenix, I couldn't wait to get home and start getting my hands covered in these fabulous new products!
Today I'm sharing with you my Artistic Frame that I created, with the idea of showing you just how vibrant and spectacular the new Art Alchemy products are!
To begin this project, I painted my frame and all of my embellishment pieces with Heavy Black Gesso and allowed to dry.
To cover up the inside of the frame, I used the Clear Sculpture Medium to shape and add texture to the fabric.
If you haven't worked with the Sculpture Medium on fabric before, you can visit my previous blog post here to watch the video.
Now it's time to have some fun with the new Sparks Acrylic Paints!
To begin, I dry brushed Unicorn's Hair (don't you love the name!?!) over the entire frame, fabric and all of my embellishments to be added onto the frame.
Once dried, I dipped my finger into the luscious Green Brocade Opal Magic Wax
Just like the line of Metallique Acrylic Paints, the new Waxes have either a 'solid' color or an opalescent color.
To add more color to the embellishments and frame, I applied a touch of White Gold and Opal Vintage Silk Waxes, followed by a highlight of Lucky Emerald here and there.
Because I was afraid of everything blending together too much, I went back through and added Opal Royal Robes Wax to add a contrasting color to make my embellishments stand out a little more.
For adhering my Mechanicals embellishments, I mixed the new Pumice Stone Effects Paste with Unicorn's Hair and Fairy Wings Sparks Acrylic Paints and then randomly applied down to the frame before adding the embellishments.
Once the texture paste was dry, I dry brushed over the paste with a touch of Sparks Unicorn Hair just to add a little more sparkle and randomly added a few touches of Fairy Wings on the frame also.
 

There are so many possibilities using the new Waxes and Sparks paints that I can't wait to show you my upcoming projects!



If you'd like to see what I'm working on in between my Finnabair Creative Team posts, be sure to follow ArtNewWave on Instagram for more inspiration.

Have a creative week!
John







Products used:


4 comments:

Moje Wytwory said...

Gorgeous mixed media frame.
Love this details and colours.
Waxes is so great medium <3

magicalmagpie said...

STunning

Lisa H said...

wow, super cool!!

Dortesjs said...

Gorgeous mixed media frame, love the black and the design in it ;O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...