Monday 5 December 2016

Memories Preserved

Hi there Friends!
I can't imagine a better start to the week than with Kasia's new vintage mixed media canvas, can you? :)
Kasia's signature style is at its best in this art piece and I'm sure you'll be tempted to recreate this beautiful atmosphere. Kasia's sharing a video tutorial so... don't wait! It might be a brilliant idea for a gift for someone special...
Hello,
it's Kasia here with my new project - another vintage canvas. I really like to work with canvases because I can add a lot of paints, inks, pastes etc. and not worry about soaking the paper and possibly destroying it with too much of wet media.
This time I didn't use my own photo, but one from Finnabair's Ephemera pack. You can find there a lot of interesting vintage style pictures, so perfect for all kinds of projects.
For my background I used thick clothes tags. I think this is a great way to use these labels. Each of you will certainly find some at home.
I painted them with White Gesso and added colors with Prima oil pastels and Art Alchemy paints. You will see the whole process in my video below.
To make my canvas more vintage and to create a "worn" look I glued some gauze and Art Stones, and then covered it all with White Gesso.
The best thing to keep everything together is Heavy Body GelI really love this product as I am very impatient and this gel dries very quickly and I can continue my work.

I added many layers to my canvas and thus created some really nice depth.
I really like it when my projects have many dimensions and interesting details.

Please enjoy my video and don't hesitate to ask if something is unclear or you'd like to know more.



Happy creating, everybody!
Kasia

Products used:


2 comments:

Марина Коваленко said...

Excellent!

suzieq23 said...

WOW just so unique and creative. Just love your work of art! Thank you for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...