Saturday 20 June 2015

Flashback from the past... Oversized and Extended

Hi again my dear friends, I'm still alive...but the moment you are reading this post most possibly we are in the middle of Mixed-Media Weekend in Newbridge, Ireland and we are having the best time getting our fingers messy :)
I so home I'll be able to get back n the right rack now, just before leaving to USA and Canada - I can't wait to see you all and I hope you will enjoy the classes as much as I do (or more!).

In the meantime I'd like to share another a bit unusual project which I've made during the full-day class I was teaching for IndigoBlu during their special crop. Again - this is not usual class for me - I prefer to make smaller projects in the classroom and encourage my students to play more at home, going from smaller to bigger sizes - in the end, techniques  are the same, right?

On the other hand, sometimes I'm really tempted to see what happens if...
This is one of the results. Not even existing class - we've just created these collage projects together... and let me tell you, this was so cool to do!!!


We played a lot with fabric, Art Basics 3D Gel, Heavy Gesso in Black and White, there were moments when went crazy with texture and clustering the embellishments - not bad for one day!


Stencils in the background and tons of layers on the top will be always on the top of my list. I can't help it!


Final touches are always important - how about adding some Art Ingredients Micro Beads and Fine Glitter - why not?



I hope one day I'll be able to repeat similar experiment, I have some cool ideas waiting to become alive already! For now - we've made a special teat for you!

Here is the big news!
If you'd like to be a part of similar experience, 
full-day collage painting
on even bigger canvases, with loads of fun, creative freedom and tons of art supplies to use - you have a chance!

We've decided with Donna and Bill to open bookings from one and only event of this kind - during my USA and Canada Tour this summer.
It is a full weekend on 18-19th July at Donna Downey Studios, Huntersville, NC 
and we will create 2 big size projects based on techniques used in "the ARTifact" and "Time Capsule" classes... and more!
Expect wider selection of mediums, more options, techniques, ideas... Let's create together and see what amazing stuff we can do.
Simply - it is DEEPER. It's MORE. Check it out!

I hope to see you there!
sending warmest hugs


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing canvas!!! Love it! And so inspiring! Wish you visited Russia someday!!!

Kathy G. said...

Amazing! This is gorgeous. I can't even imagine creating something like this (especially in one day). You and your work TRULY inspire me.

Dortesjs said...

stunning, love the colours, fine piece of art

Jamie said...

WOW! This is incredible! I love this!

corinne de france MARCH said...

love it , toute cette texture <3
corinne

Gail said...

Stunning canvas, I was lucky enough to attend that class @ IB and made the double canvas - it has pride of place on my craft room wall xx GailT xx

Nancy said...

I am so excited to be attending that weekend in July! I'm coming from Ohio and Bill has been even gracious to pick me up at the airport and take me to my hotel and then back to the airport after the classes! The classes look so awesome and I can't wait to get my hands and fingers wonderfully painted with all sorts of colors and dies!!! Thanks for changing things up a bit and and giving us even bigger projects to work on!!! I can't wait to meet you Finn!!!!!💞☺️💞☺️💞

Unknown said...

I will be there! Lucky for me, I live within ten miles of Donna and Bill.

unni's scrappeboble said...

Looooove it :)

Marci said...

Incredibly beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...