Thursday 13 November 2014

Mysterious Janina - Art Journal Page

Just a quick note today :)
Would you be curious who the woman on the photo is? I was!
Until last week I only knew it is someone from my husband's family - possibly one of the aunts or grand-aunts. After short investigation including Skype session with my in-laws the mystery is now solved: her name was Janina and she is Andrew's Grand-grandmother! How cool is that?
(Did i mention I just ADORE vintage photos?)


So - here is the the page I made with her photo - for the request of Stampington & Company who picked up part of my Prima Line into their store (yay!). You can check more details and instruction how to create something similar on their page here! Sorry but I can't share more ;)

I hope you like the effect - I do! I'm really happy about the look I achieved adding my Art Ingredients Mica Flakes to the composition. It was really good experiment, I think.

Sending you all warm wishes on this damp, gloomy and of course rainy day

7 comments:

famillemarleau said...

It's very beautiful and I love old pictures too. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Helen said...

Fantastic photo, and a gorgeous page to show her off.

jasann said...

Just love this page, it is so beautiful, thank you for sharing!!!

Linda said...

As always, I love your work and this is no exception. Such a great photo. Just to let you know when I clicked on the "here" to go on the Stampington and Company website, my anti-virus warned me of a virus on this site. Perhaps they need to be informed.

Jackie PN said...

What a beautiful tribute to Janina!
and congrats on Stampington picking up your line- I mean, why wouldn't they! ")

Bea said...

beautiful page - it is lovely when you can get answes to ild photos - sadly not always the case. thanks for sharing

Nancy Briges said...

Love your page and the woman is a beautiful and interesting woman with an unusual name.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...