Thursday 5 June 2014

My Odyssey Continues...

Hello, Friends!
Those of you who follow my blog are probably familiar with my Family Odyssey project.
This book I'm altering is very close to my heart. It seems to me that it keeps me grounded in this crazy life of mine - filled with constant traveling. It keeps reminding me where my roots are.
And here's another spread:


These cute kids are my aunts and uncles and the little blonde boy in the middle is my dad. :)
They all look very solemn as the photo was taken on the day of the First Communion. A very important moment frozen in time and after many many years the photo has its very unique charm, don't you think?


Every time I create a new spread in this book, I try to add some real vintage items to enhance the atmosphere. In this case it was an old coat button right next to the photo.


Apart from this vintage finding I also played with watercolor pencils and added some texture with modelling paste and... 3D foam squares and this interesting metal net that I found on a wine bottle. :)
Inspiration really truly is everywhere. :)

If you're curious what else I used, here's a list.


Hugs to you all!

9 comments:

Kase4ka said...

моя любовь бесконечна ♥♥♥

Annette said...

what a treasure and after taking your wonderful class on Lifebook- I am so hooked on your beautiful work. You are an awesome teacher. ox

toni said...

Lovely journal spread so much texture ! They all look very angelic ! X

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Dolly B said...

Beautiful. I love all the elements you have used.
Mary

agnés said...

Joliment coloré.

zandra said...

Your work is always so inspiring. Love those prima flowers, too.
Hugz, Zandra

Unknown said...

really you are a great artist!

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Bonjour Finn,

J'adore ! j'avais déjà vu ta vidéo précédente.
Mon Dieu ! que j'aimerai pouvoir assister à un de tes ateliers.
Mais cela m'est impossible. Même si tu viens en France, je ne pourrais me déplacer pour problèmes familiaux.
Je me contente de venir sur ton merveilleux blog et de te remercier pour toutes ces belles choses que tu nous montres.

A très bientôt.
MaryannG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...